community-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SEO
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 03:02:20 GMT

On 13/11/2011, at 6:50 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> It's not the product name itself. Try "apache cxf archetype". Now,
> maybe the CXF site turns out to lack any mention of its maven
> architype, and I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I'm sure that I've
> had this experience before.

"archetype" site:cxf.apache.org

This returns:

Your search - "archetype" site:cxf.apache.org - did not match any documents.

So I think that's your problem right there :)

How easily a project can be found by potential users and contributors is certainly an issue
(just yesterday I responded to http://s.apache.org/where-is-npanday), and something ComDev
could help with. I think though that taking care of the documentation for humans will probably
go a long way to solving the problem for the robots.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org