community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Invitation: Apply to be a Mentoring Organization for GCI
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:22:52 GMT
On 10/19/2011 1:26 PM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> If we decided to participate, either as individual PMCs or as the ASF as a whole, we
need to work out detailed guidelines first. GCI is *very* different to GSoC, where we could
expect students to work out the details of an idea for themselves. For GCI we need to make
sure that tasks are described in great detail and adequate for school kids. This and mentoring
youngsters means *a lot* of work and can be done wrong in so many ways and ruin the participants'
experience, which we do not want.

Are there lists of sample (preferably successful)  tasks from past years
somewhere?  I think that would help a lot to improve  understanding of
what is required.

Thanks

Kathey