community-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared Calendars
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 13:24:15 GMT
> Note, also, someone pointed out to me that JIRA might already have what we need without
adding more infrastructure.

Just checked, but I can see dates only related to issues or releases.
Apache retreats would fall off.
Here is a plugin i found: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/293

> In some regards, I think ideas along these lines are almost like social unit tests for
PMCs/committers.  That is, what automated mechanisms can we have that _help_ PMCs do their
jobs better in the least intrusive way possible and give feedback on a regular basis when
things could be better.

> On May 20, 2011, at 7:44 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> On 20/05/2011 12:02, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>> Great idea.
>>>
>>> But why not having a Calendar for all projects. One might be able to
>>> filter for a specific project or event type, be it "release", "dinner"
>>> or whatever. Other events would become a better visibility, like
>>> Apache CON or a retreat
>>
>> I think this would be really good. However, I don't think we need to dictate where
projects keep their calendar stuff. The starting point is for projects to select a solution
that suits them and make us aware of an iCAL feed.

>> ComDev can then create a calendar that imports these various feeds. Moving forwards
we might provide a funky front end that allows feeds of certain types to be aggregated into
a personal feed - but lets not get ahead of ourselves ;-)

>> So who is going to create the comdev feed and add Grants Lucene feed as a first one.
I know ComDev have discussed having a calendar of events in the past, if we provide some visibility
for it maybe we can actually make it worthwhile.

>> Ross
>>

>>> Christian

occurred to me that I might put up a Google Calendar for Lucene or Mahout that is public read-only,
but committers have write control on it.  On the calendar, we could put things like potential
release dates, reminders for PMC actions (such as review potential committers or do board
reports).  Community members could submit "patches" for community related events such as
conferences, meetups, hackathons, etc.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de