community-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StackOverflow
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 14:09:00 GMT
I think that the problem of 'committer shows up as 'rep=1' is not a big problem.

The existing moderation circus on SO seems to work reasonably well,
and it isn't tag-specific. If committers show up and answer questions,
they'll get upvotes, and eventually acquire privileges.

I can't predict how Atwood & crew would react to a proposed treat with
us. The non-tag-specific nature of moderation privileges is a fairly
big practical problem for any scheme to give Apache people ex-officio
reputation -- unless we went for the 'apache.stackoverflow.com /
stackoverflow.apache.com' separate site route.