community-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared Calendars
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 11:02:41 GMT
Great idea.

But why not having a Calendar for all projects. One might be able to
filter for a specific project or event type, be it "release", "dinner"
or whatever. Other events would become a better visibility, like
Apache CON or a retreat

Christian

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm curious, do any projects have shared calendars?  For instance, the thought occurred
to me that I might put up a Google Calendar for Lucene or Mahout that is public read-only,
but committers have write control on it.  On the calendar, we could put things like potential
release dates, reminders for PMC actions (such as review potential committers or do board
reports).  Community members could submit "patches" for community related events such as
conferences, meetups, hackathons, etc.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de