community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shared Calendars
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 17:30:08 GMT
On 20/05/2011 15:34, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>> Yes, sounds better.
>>> Finally we "simply" would need an iCAL feed aggregator maybe similar
>>> to planet.apache.org
>>> Is the code for planet somehow extensible for this task? Might be a start
>>
>> The python code behind PlanetApache is open source:
>> http://www.intertwingly.net/code/venus/
>>
>> A search for "ical aggregator" turned up a simple looking python script:
>> https://github.com/mhagander/icalaggregator (untested)
>
> oh oh python... i am out.

If you have the desire to make this work then pick your language and
make it work. Don't worry about any kind of tight integration with
Planet Apache or anything else. We can work from them.

My response above was merely an answer to your question. It is not meant
to imply a restriction on the way it is implemented.

I'd really like to see this happen, I think it would be good to have ASF
wide calendars where each project manages its own entries in whatever
way they like.

Ross