community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache project guidelines docs += independence?
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 23:24:19 GMT
On 17/05/2011 14:08, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 16/05/2011 17:36, Shane Curcuru wrote:
>> A number of different issues recently about commercial influence in our
>> projects have had me thinking about the importance that Apache projects
>> are managed independently. Since this isn't explicitly stated in the
>> obvious places, I wrote a little essay for my personal blog:
>>
>> http://communityovercode.com/2011/05/apache-projects-are-independent/
>>
>> Comments? I think as the ASF grows up, and as some of our projects are
>> on the way to scoring mega stardom, it's important to ensure both that
>> our projects can continue to manage themselves independently, but also
>> to *explain* to the world that this is important to us, and why.
>>
>> Do people like this? Where would be a good place to put it in /dev or
>> the community site as a requirement for Apache projects?

I've now restructured the site as described below. I'd therefore say
that this content should go under "committers" but be linked from  both
the contributors index page [1] and the committers index page [2].

Ross

[1] http://community.apache.org/contributors/index.html
[2] http://community.apache.org/committers/index.html