community-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: low gsoc popularity this year?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:40:10 GMT
In last few years we did number of promotion programs in local
universities during Jan/Feb period but due to various reasons we
couldn't organize such events in this year. This is one of my
observation from Sri Lanka but that can be a potential reason for some
other countries too.

May be gathering such small factors will help to reach high popularity
in next time.  Thanks Ulrich to bring this topic for a discussion.

Thanks !

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@apache.org> wrote:
> One explanation could be that with more orgs accepted this year the approximately same
number of
> students spreads over more projects.
>
> On 06.04.2011 10:12, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
>> I don't know how it has been in the last years, but until now we only have 32 proposals.
There are

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com