community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: low gsoc popularity this year?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:01:16 GMT
On 4/6/2011 1:40 AM, Sagara Gunathunga wrote:
> May be gathering such small factors will help to reach high popularity
> in next time.  Thanks Ulrich to bring this topic for a discussion.

In the small factors category, in Derby project we have something of a
shortage of mentors this year, which I think is reducing the number of
applications.  I am hoping we will get at least one more coming in from
a student that has been active and has said  he wants to apply.

The reduced number of mentors, I think,  is just mostly  because of
vacation conflicts.

Kathey