community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The theory of retreats
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:03:35 GMT
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> 10 people from bavaria can make it in one day to an event and back. Cost
> should be very low. Of course not the same as a big meet'n'greet in
> ireland, but it might help people coming into apache or finally meet at
> least the people near you. From bavaria, I would propose the name
> "Apache Stammtisch". ;-)

Can you get either 3 apache committers, or 2 apache committers + 2 others
to agree to help run a one day BarCamp in Bavaria? (BarCamps are probably
easier and cheaper to put on than Retreats)

If so, concom is ready to help with mentors, advice, suggestions, and
possibly funding too (depending on the proposal you put in). All you need
to do is track down enough people near you to help run it!

(The limiting factor at the moment is volunteers on the ground)

Nick