community-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Univ. Field Experience
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:44:44 GMT

On Mar 17, 2011, at 9:33 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> No need to bother the Board. It's in our charter to provide
>>> whatever support you need. It's nice to have a real test case to
>>> flesh out the ideas here at the ASF.
>>
>> Specifically, I need to fill out the form at
>> http://sils.unc.edu/programs/field-experience/new-site-form
>>
>> I would like to fill out the Site Name and Address as the ASF and my
>> name as the site supervisor.  Does that seem OK?
>
> I don't see any reference to terms and conditions or other such legal stuff. Assuming
that this form does not bind us in any way to anything we don't already offer through ComDev
then that's fine. As far as I'm concerned you can go ahead with this on a lazy consensus basis.

"

> In many ways I think that should be this list. We have a list of projects that are suitable
for students and I'd like to make these available to SILS. Putting ComDev down means you don't
have to worry about approaches from people in other areas.

> On the other hand, the definition of "site supervisor" [1] is that of a mentor in our
language. The responsibilities are very similar to those of our mentors (in fact I think I'll
steal the couple that are missing in our definition of a mentor)

> Perhaps the best way forward is for you to do it this year as "site supervisor" and,
if you feel it is appropriate, link them to ComDev to explore a more complete offering from
the ASF as a whole.

+1