community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] GSoC announcement mail to pmcs@
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:57:32 GMT
On 3/8/2011 5:14 AM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> Please comment.
>
> Uli
>
> *snip*
>
> Subject: Google Summer of Code 2011 is almost there
>
> Hello PMCs,
>
> Google Summer of Code is the ideal opportunity for you to attract new contributors to
your projects.

> If you want to participate with your project you now need to
>
>   - understand what it means to be a mentor [1]
>   - propose your project ideas [1]
I think it would be good  to have a link to  the filter for the ideas so
far in the email. I notice when I try to click on the available projects
on the student page I get.
"The selected filter is not available to you, perhaps it has been
deleted or had its permissions changed"

I think the following link should be generally available.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-printable/temp/SearchRequest.html?jqlQuery=labels+%3D+gsoc2011&tempMax=1000

We are up to four!