community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Admins we need an announcement to PMCs (Re: [GSOC] Please review Application)
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:41:20 GMT
Admins,

It is critical that we get an announcement out now. People in projects
are starting to prepare (Hama thinking they have to apply independently,
ANT wanting to record issues in our tracker).

We need to both a) encourage people to prepare and b) make sure they are
doing it right.

My previous announcement mails are in the archives (I'm pretty sure I've
always sent them, but not certain, last year it may have been Noirin).

We also need to update the instructions for putting issues in JIRA [1]
so that people can do it right. Note that it is important that they
format the subject correctly so they can create project specific lists
of issues for publicising to their community.

We also need to update [2] with working examples of the filters, I just
removed the broken ones.

Ross

[1]
http://community.apache.org/use-the-comdev-issue-tracker-for-gsoc-tasks.html