community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:50:14 GMT
Recently we moved to the CMS for our website. One of the side effects of
this is that we have to grant commit access to allow people to edit the
site.

Technically this means we need to take a vote before any edits can be
made. This is not a very good idea in my opinion. We should be
encouraging people to "just do it" whenever they feel like it.

In my opinion anyone who has commit access to one or more ASF projects
should also be allowed to commit to our site. Publication will be
limited to ComDev PMC members. Joe has confirmed in a previous thread
that this is possible.

[ ] +1 grant commit rights to ComDev site directory to all committers
[ ] +0 I don't care
[ ] -1 don't grant access, the problem I foresee is...

Thanks,

Ross