community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Publicising events (was Re: The theory of retreats)
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:43:13 GMT
On 03/03/2011 14:34, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Are you using XING or similar to announce/organize the event? If a
> XING group is used, people can follow (like me). And probably other
> events like a bavaria barcamp could join teh group too

I've copied this to ConCom as it's not our responsibility to publicise
events.

On the other hand, with my ConCom hat on I would probably respond along
the lines of "it's worth considering places like Xing, but we will never
reach all of the possible social networks/event announcement lists/event
feeds etc. We should encourage all people interested in the ASF to
publicise our events for us in these places."

Ross