community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The theory of retreats
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:11:43 GMT
On 03/03/2011 13:54, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> I feel simliar to Benson. Ireland is very nice, but it has a very high
> cost on time.
> I just took a look at the committers map. Wasn't there an effort
> before to bring together Apache people (and interested) in a specific
> area? 10 people from bavaria can make it in one day to an event and
> back. Cost should be very low. Of course not the same as a big
> meet'n'greet in ireland, but it might help people coming into apache
> or finally meet at least the people near you. From bavaria, I would
> propose the name "Apache Stammtisch". ;-)

ConCom will support any event that fits the criteria specified in their
support documents see
http://wiki.apache.org/concom-planning/ConComSupportedEvents

If you want to make an event happen then just put your proposal to ConCom.

Anything that doesn't fit the criteria for support is usually either:

a) too large for ConCom to support (e.g. BerlinBuzzwords)

or

b) too small to need support (e.g. a few people meeting for a beer)

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler