community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: GSoC is go...
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 22:33:20 GMT
On 2/8/2011 2:09 PM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> The labels plugin was disabled in the old JIRA because it caused problems. It seems that
it is
> enabled now with the new JIRA version but I don't know it's status or whether it will
stay enabled.

> Uli
Thank you Uli.  Since students are showing up and it seems like it time
to start collecting ideas and recruiting mentors,  I think we'll just
start with logging issues in the Derby Jira with the labels and then can
adjust to the ultimately determined procedure once it is ultimately
determined .   Whatever it ends up to be, hopefully it can just have
links to the Jira issues.   If not,  I am sure converting to the new
thing will be easy enough.

I never tracked what the problem was with the labels, but wonder (pure
speculation) if its loss without a replacement tracking system was not
at least partially responsible  for Apache not being accepted as a
mentoring organization for Google Code-In.  I think it would be good to
have some sort of project ideas list ready when we submit our
application for GSoC.

Kathey