community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Ask me about apache" badges at ApacheCon
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 20:51:21 GMT
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010, Ross Gardler wrote:
> I think this is a great idea. More noticeable would be tshirts, but more
> expensive of course.

I think we can get labels for badges covered through either the conference
or marketing, but alas I don't think the budget stretches to tshirts.
There's also the issue that a badge is still french after 5 days, while
someone with the same community tshirt on by that stage may not be as
appealing to potential committers...!

> Your suggested wording is fine, possibly "Ask me about the Apache
> Community" but more letters means smaller text (ideal if we can find
> t-shirt budget).

I'll pass your wording along as a 1st choice, mine as 2nd, and let what
fits decide it :)

Nick