community-dev mailing list archives

From Noirin Shirley <>
Subject Fwd: Invitation: Apply to be a Mentoring Organization for GCI
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:24:19 GMT
I don't have the bandwidth to push this forward - but obviously, I
think we should do it :-)

Who'd like to be our admin?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carol Smith <>
Date: Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Subject: Invitation: Apply to be a Mentoring Organization for GCI
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List

Hi everyone,

Starting today we are accepting applications from organizations who
have participated in a previous Google Summer of Code (you!) to get
involved with our contest for 13-18 year olds, Google Code-in [0].

If you haven’t read up about Google Code-in, you can check out our
announcement [1] to this list from a couple weeks ago or read our blog
post [2] about the contest.

If your org has decided it would like to apply to participate in the
contest, you can fill out the application [3] on Melange now. The
deadline for applications is 29 October at 23:00 UTC.
Also, if you want to look over the rules for the contest before
applying to participate they can be found on the organization
application [3] at the bottom. They will also be posted on the Google
Code-in website [0] in the next couple days in other languages.
We hope your org will consider participating.

[0] -
[1] -
[2] -
[3] -

Groups "Google Summer of Code Mentors List" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at

View raw message