community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Invitation: Apply to be a Mentoring Organization for GCI
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 01:28:17 GMT
On 10/19/2010 4:41 AM, Norman Maurer wrote:
> Ok I was able to have a look at the docs. The only two questions which
> came into mind so far are:
>
> * How to handle the "tasks"?
>
> I know we used labels in GSOC before, but the labels are now gone (for
> good reason ;)). So I thought about creating a jira project which we
> call GCI (or something like that) and give the mentors the rights to
> create tasks/issues there. The created tasks/issues should then linked
> back to the related task in the projects bugtracker as sub-task.

Are there guidelines for the tasks in terms of how many hours, at what
level, etc? Are the 18 year old tasks and the 14 year old ones all in
the same pot?  Also my 9th grader wants to participate. Does that mean I
personally should not define tasks for GCI at Apache?    I have some
good ideas I think but don't want to invoke some sort of CBC type scandal.

Kathey