community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Ask me about apache" badges at ApacheCon
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:38:49 GMT
I think this is a great idea. More noticeable would be tshirts, but more expensive of course.

You can certainly count me in on any of these kinds of ideas. Your suggested wording is fine,
possibly "Ask me about the Apache Community" but more letters means smaller text (ideal if
we can find t-shirt budget).

Sent from my mobile device.

On 16 Oct 2010, at 11:43, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> One thing that came up in the ApacheCon planners call this week was the problems of matching
up people at the conference who are interested in contributing with people to help explain
the process to them.

> This would seem to be a good fit for a small spot of comdev mentoring! One idea was that
we'd get some lanyard badges made up with something like "Ask Me About Apache" on them. Apache
Members and involved committers would be invited to pick up the badge and wear it, and we'd
hopefully get takeup from all the comdev people there, and some others. Those of us wearing
the badge are then fair game for people interested in getting futher involved in the foundation
to ask questions on the process.

> Ideally we'd get all interested potential contributors to the barcamp for an Apache Way
talk, but this'll hopefully cover the others!