community-dev mailing list archives

From Noirin Shirley <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting lures for writers?
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:04:54 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> On 28/09/2010 02:47, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>> As projects mature and grow, the quality of the documentation becomes
>> an ever-more-important aspect. Tech writing is, however, a different
>> beast from development. Some projects have been blessed with
>> significant volunteer effort, and others with not-so-volunteer effort
>> as always. Has Comdev ever considered any specific ways to attract
>> writers to ASF?
>
> In short no, but we really should.
>
> Noirin is an expert in the field of technical writing - maybe she will
> provide some hints?

I have done some thinking about this, but as anyone who's had to deal
with me lately knows, my tuits are less round these days than ever :-)

I'll be in Atlanta - if someone can sit me down with a pint, you'll
get lots out of me. Grab a few people who can bounc ideas, and I'll
even type while I talk.

Noirin