community-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consensus process
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:13:02 GMT
I've asked for a login on the blog site.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> Excellent, thank you.
>
> Sent from my mobile device.
>
> On 20 Sep 2010, at 23:02, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=15ru0kwhqAbT8QAVC5Bs0KMeT06ZP5RNnIIbEbeDVQjo&hl=en
>>
>> Lazy consensus lazily added.
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ross,
>>>
>>> I completely spaced that out. I'm quite familiar with it. I'll add it.
>>> This is exactly why I wanted to get a review.
>>>
>>> --benson

However, in the projects I work on the concept of Lazy Consensus is critical. That is, for
the majority of actions permission need not be sought since most actions can be reversed.
Thus non objection means consensus.

want to have a say in the project. That is, people can't just turn up at discussion phase
and throw a spanner in the works (as happens in so many committee run endeavours).

proposed changes. For me this is why merit is critical. For me merit indicates someone has
learned when to ask permission as opposed to when to ask for forgiveness.

consensus, or if you prefer not to add this detail, I'll follow up with a post along the above
lines.

People are not born

work and eventual