community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Code of Conduct
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 15:25:34 GMT
I just added a FAQ item to the comdev site about code of conduct for ASF
projects. The document I link to (in the incubator) is an excellent
start. Over time I hope that the ComDev team can expand this kind of
materials:

It won't have synced to the website just yet so I'll paste the content
here for the benefit of the list:

h2. Is there a Code of Conduct for Apache projects?

Here at Apache projects are free to define their own code of conduct.
However, it is common for new projects to learn from the lessons of the
older projects. The Apache Incubator project has a wiki page for
collecting [common elements of Apache project Codes of
Conduct|http://incubator.apache.org/guides/community.html].

The Incubator document has some really useful for both the newbie and
the old hands (we all fall into bad habits occasionally). The section on
ASF Mottos is especially useful as a reminder of the way things are in
most ASF projects. This section inludes such gems as:

* Put community before code.
* Let they that do the work make the decisions.
* If it didn't happen on a mailing list, it didn't happen.
* Don't feed the trolls.

Ross

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/community.html