community-dev mailing list archives

From Anjana G Bhattacharjee <a.g.bhattachar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] integrating womAn@a.o into an Apache code of practice
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:55:50 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Will you be running for the board next year?

Personally would prefer establishing a first international Royal Charter for
FLOSS before retiring to any board

> This is da vinci level genius. I love it :)

Thanks - though may take the Dan Browns a little longer to figue out the
sophia in this

> Every reply must however disagree on some small detail, I believe we
> should use correct regexps and call it w?o?man@apache.org.

The only reason to begin with a woman in this case is because, as yet, golf
captains default to being male with lady captains requiring further
qualification - our tournament, of course, will not distinguish, and we can
simply aspire to having two captains - you can be one of them if you like
;-)

> Hen

PS - did you know that the use of the expression "hen" in ancient greek was
in order to sound out "the one" [1]

[1]
http://books.google.com/books?id=QUwD61sJy0MC&printsec=frontcover&dq=heraclitus+seminar&hl=en&ei=xMNKTNrFKtapsQbZpsWbDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false