community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] roll women@a.o into dev@community.a.o
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:19:11 GMT
Anjana,

The vote is to merge the woman@ list into this one. The way things work around here is that
they get done in the way someone gets them done. So if someone cares enough to get an auto-responder
set up then one will be set up.

This vote is the result of previous discussion on the topic, if you've not seen that please
check the archives. The discussion covers the topics you raise.

I'll try and summarise for you if you prefer:

Women@ is aware of both the plan to merge lists and the vote underway.

The original driving force behind women@ has participated in all discussion, as have a number
of members of that list.

Rolling women@ into dev@ means closing the women@ list, all business from that list will move
here.

An autoresponder will be set up (I agree this was not clear in the original vote, thank you
for highlighting the importance of this).

By moving into comdev we get a place for the women@ issues to be officially represented in
the foundation as opposed to a largely inactive list with no official status. I, and others,
hope that this will enable us to be more effective. However, if this proves not to be the
case we can create a women@community.a.o as appropriate.

Personally I don't see a need to hold up this action.  So I'm not going to vote -1 in order
to have the vote rephrased.

Ross

Sent from my mobile device.