community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repeat: roll women@a.o into dev@community.a.o
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 18:19:46 GMT
On 1 Jul 2010, at 16:19, "Jean T. Anderson" <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:

> Ping -- is there energy to roll women@ into dev@community?

It depends on what kind of energy you are looking for. If you are looking for someone to restart
the women@ issues and those issues are about being open and welcoming to all then yes, I believe
there is energy here. For women specific issues I certainly think this is the right place,
but there is currently no energy devoted to this.

What I personally have energy for is ensuring that women who are active here in the ASF are
appropriately visible. I have been told by numerous different women in IT groups that simply
demonstrating there are already women surviving in our predominantly male world we will increase
the comfort levels for newcomers, both male and female. You will therefore find plenty of
energy from me in, for example, engaging women in the mentor programme.

Let's make the most of our unusually balanced mix of men and women here.

Sent from my mobile device.