community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] integrating womAn@a.o into an Apache code of practice
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:36:59 GMT
Anjana G Bhattacharjee wrote:
> Just a note to mark 7 days since the date of this proposal - thank you for
> all responses so far - still listening ;-) best, A

Oh, sorry, I had thought it was an intellectual exercise to spur some
new thoughts and get some random golf-related links into our archives
for some reason.

-1, because we've shown numerous times that broadly scoped mailing lists
that aren't controlled by a healthy PMC won't work.

-1 also because we have no need to provide anonymization services like
the proposal notes the woman@ address would be used for.  While people
are free to use whatever external email address for themselves they
wish, the ASF doesn't need to provide an anonymous front-end for them.

- Shane

P.S. Please remember that the women@ email list will be shut down just
as soon as the infrastructure team finishes the JIRA ticket.