community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: [Apache Mentoring Programme]JavaScript-only PDF viewer component
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:48:29 GMT
Hello Charith,

That is a promising proposal and I'm willing to mentor you. I'll be there to review your code,
I'll
help you get help on the mailing lists and I'll give you feedback. I am not going to do your
work
though ;). That means that you will have to come up with the design and the implementation
yourself
and hopefully with the help of people from the users mailing list.

First I'd like you to create a wiki page on the tapestry wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry
and
put your proposal there. Don't forget to format it a little. We will then discuss and refine
your
proposal on the Tapestry users list. Specifically you will need to define the deliverables
in terms
of Tapestry services, components and modules. By doing so you will implicitly already define
the
design of your implementation. Or the other way round: by doing the design you will implicitly

define the deliverables. The two go hand in hand.

When posting to the users list you should already have come up with a rough design so that
people
can comment on that and give you feedback.

Cheers,

Uli