community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Boosting participation and community in Apache Labs?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:24:34 GMT
On 23/07/2010 11:54, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> What exactly do you have in mind? Just a simple tool that fetches an RSS
> item and sents it out as an email or do you also want it to do some
> formatting?

Well in my dream world I'd love something that gave us a magazine layout
without anyone having to do anything.

In the real world something that pulled the teaser content of each of
the appropriate blogs (i.e. those tagged as needing to be in the
newsletter) and put it into a text document that gets committed to SVN
and emailed to appropriate lists would do just fine to get us started.

We might, at a later date, want to think about some kind of editorial
workflow. But lets not get complex right now, lets trust people to know
what is important enough for a newsletter and what is not.

Ross

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler