community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] roll women@a.o into dev@community.a.o
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:43:47 GMT
  On 7/19/2010 10:35 PM, Anjana G Bhattacharjee wrote:
> "So much emptiness,
> even with the windows shut,
> especially since no one ever lived inside.
> How do we listen to silence
> and learn to keep listening?"
>
> Empty Houses in Baja California
> Poems No.27
> by Kenneth Liberman
> (my friend and mentor)

I am not a fan of  cross-posts but I guess I will respond to this one.
I  don't think it is how you meant it, but I really think that this poem
is really an excellent description of women@ these many years, a silent
house where no one ever lived inside.  There was just no "there",
there, and the current exercise was mostly to make sure the utilities
were shut off and such.  I don't think anyone on the existing list felt
evicted or we would have heard from them by now.  Your new interest in
it is great, but it certainly would be healthier to start completely
from scratch with a solid foundation.

As Bertrand suggests, it is entirely within the realm of possibility
that the lessons learned from the experiment can  feed back into
creating a list that really works, something with a defined purpose, a
way of making it happen and a membership committed to doing so in the
context of making great Apache  software.

Kathey