community-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] roll women@a.o into dev@community.a.o
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:16:19 GMT
Anjana G Bhattacharjee wrote:
> Just keep the channel open - how
> much is it costing us to run? Is the workload to heavy and need it be
> rotated every few years or so to keep it alive?

I'm an active moderator for women@ and the workload is not onerous, but
it does exist, and both the list and the wiki must be monitored. Women@
is a special case because we set it up with moderated subscriptions,
which is why your request to join the list on Saturday was delayed
several hours -- I was out grocery shopping.

I respect your concerns, Anjana, and appreciate the due diligence you
are providing, but it doesn't make sense to me to accept any more
subscription requests for a list with this level of inactivity. Given my
experience with women@ over the last 5 years, I believe comdev is the
clearly the best way to go, and is the most likely measure to spark
increased, visible participation.

regards,

 -jean