community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mentoring Programm
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:13:16 GMT
On 16/07/2010 10:05, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after reading: http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme.html

Yes, first you need to get an understanding of what the mentoring
programme is and decide if it suits you.

> I would suggest that you subscribe to the Logging list for discussing
> an implementation idea and search for an interested mentor. In log4j
> world are some ideas around for Log4J 2, this could be a good chance
> to help.
>
> Here is the mailling lists link:
> http://logging.apache.org/mail-lists.html

I will, sometime in the next few weeks, be launching an internal
campaign to get projects to indicate issues that have a potential mentor
available. In the meantime, in addition to joining the mail list as
Christian suggests you should look at the existing issues recorded
against Log4J and see if any match you skills.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2

Ross