community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Forward planning
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 00:59:33 GMT
I've been quite busy recently and as a result my activities here have
taken a back sear. However, now that our conference [1] is out of the
way I now have some time for ComDev again.

The mentor programme is my primary interest for now (not that I think it
is more important than the local speakers/mentors app, its just my
personal focus). Starting in September I will have anything from 20-200
final year students from across the EU looking for mentors here at the ASF.

These students will be part of a second pilot for an EU funded project.
We have a number of lecturers and teaching assistants to look after them
but we need practical projects and mentors. I'll be working with other
foundations as well to ensure we have a good range of projects available.

The EU project in question will be running two other pilots, so we've
got loads of chances to get this ironed out.

In a few moments I will create an issue to track this activity.
Naturally I welcome any assistance on getting this going on the ASF side.

Ross

[1] http://trasnfersummit.com (thanks to Noirin and Bertrand for their
representation there)