community-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forward planning
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:43:07 GMT
On Sat Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mahout has a strong record of welcoming mentorees.  Keep us in mind
> as you go forward.

To add one more piece of information: Mahout does not only have GSoC
students. We have also a few ties to university projects. Ross, you
probably already know, I have started an "experimental" Mahout course
at TU Berlin and got the opportunity to give a presentation on Apache
in general and Mahout in particular at HPI Potsdam earlier this year.

I have put online a brief summary of my experiences with these courses:

http://blog.isabel-drost.de/index.php/archives/203/teaching-free-software-development
(includes a comment by one of the students)

The retrospective of one of the students of the winter semester can be
found there:

http://marc-hofer.de/read/?p=6

Maybe that is of interest for others working with students as well.

Isabel