community-dev mailing list archives

From Gurkan Erdogdu <gurkanerdo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What are the basic, invariant rules of Apache projects?
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 06:06:24 GMT
Hi Nick;

Good and nice article that sums up the general concepts!

Thanks;

--Gurkan

________________________________
From: Nick Burch <nick@apache.org>
To: dev <dev@community.apache.org>
Sent: Sun, May 23, 2010 6:24:01 PM
Subject: Re: What are the basic, invariant rules of Apache projects?

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I'd like to write a blog post (on the foundation blog, or might be a good opportunity
to start the comdev blog) about the basic rules of Apache projects.

Inspired by your idea, I've sat down and written a blog post about the CLAs and release votes,
trying to cover the Why rather than the What:
    http://gagravarr.livejournal.com/140493.html

Corrections gratefully received, otherwise do feel free to pinch bits for a foundation post
if it looks useful :)

I might try to do one on mentoring later, time permitting....

Nick