community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC applications
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:18:03 GMT
On 09/03/2010 22:39, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 08/03/2010 09:42, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Ross Gardler<rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
>>> ...- Get projects to label JIRA issues with ("mentor" and "gsoc") and if
>>> appropriate assign issue to the proposed mentor (Ross)...
>>
>> Note that not all projects use JIRA, so I think we need to keep
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2010 as an entry point, and
>> add a link from that to the JIRA query.
>>
>> Projects that don't use JIRA can then add their proposals, or links to
>> them, on that wiki page.
>
> Thanks Bertrand, in my draft it says "contact dev@community.a.o" better
> to have a concrete solution in the initial mail.

Thinking about it, we need to provide a single page for all proposals.
This means it is easier for us, in the long run, to have everything in JIRA.

I've therefore left it as "contact dev@", I think we ought to create a
"module" in the community dev JIRA for each project not using JIRA. That
way they can still list them in JIRA, perhaps with a link to their own
issue tracker.

I can then set up separate queries for these projects so they appear in
the community dev website.

Ross