community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: So why exactly is Community Development the default Jira project?
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:09:43 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I had same question sent to infra before :)
>> It seems the default is the one you have used/searched/ before... so
>> it changes depending on what you have been doing...
>>

> I think what is happening is that because since, for come reason,
> Community Development comes first in the list of projects it has reset
> peoples default when it was created. People are just used to the
> default being their favourite project and don't look when filing new
> issues.
>
> If this is correct then, over time, the problem will go away.

I tried as an experiment doing a search on another project and then did
indeed find that when I created a new issue immediately afterward the
default was that project, but there seems to be a little more going on.
Still in the alphabetical list if I hit the drop down menu Community
Development bubbled up to the top instead of showing up under C..., so I
think if the user has not done any recent queries then it will still
default to Community Development because of the alpha order.

Kathey