community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: So why exactly is Community Development the default Jira project?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:15:07 GMT
On 05/03/2010 00:57, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Kathey Marsden
> <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>> Perhaps this has been answered before, but I was wondering why we bubble to
>> the top of the project list when creating a new Jira issue. The rest of the
>> projects seem alphabetized.   Is this something we can file an
>> infrastructure issue for or is it expected?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kathey
>>

> I had same question sent to infra before :)
> It seems the default is the one you have used/searched/ before... so
> it changes depending on what you have been doing...

I think what is happening is that because since, for come reason,
Community Development comes first in the list of projects it has reset
peoples default when it was created. People are just used to the default
being their favourite project and don't look when filing new issues.

If this is correct then, over time, the problem will go away.

Ross