community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https://blogs.apache.org/community ?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:11:37 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> ...My only concern is the splitting of information sources for the project. I
> would therefore suggest we also:
>
> a) include the blog content (or at least headlines), in community.apache.org
> - can be done with a RSS reader widget I think
>
> b) have content posted on the blog emailed to this list (once we have a zone
> I have a script that will do this for us)

Ok, sounds good but I think we can even get the blog before those
things are in place.

> On 18/01/2010 22:49, Luciano Resende wrote:
>> Having a blog would be helpful. I was just wondering if the contents
>> of the community blog would interest only a subset of the Apache
>> community, or would be suitable for the main Apache blog....

By main apache blog, do you mean http://blogs.apache.org/foundation?
That's controlled by what used to be PRC, so we'd need to validate our
posts with them every time.

Also, any blog under http://blogs.apache.org gets aggregated at
http://blogs.apache.org, so ours would be visible in any case. And we
can ping the-artist-formerly-known-as-PRC when we have Big News.

>> I guess
>> having our own blog would give us more freedom, and we could
>> cross-post subjects that are of wider interest...

Yes, agree. Maybe not cross-post but at least let other groups know
where we have news.

> ...Hmmm.... I guess that depends on what people are planning to post on the
> proposed blog. Bertrand, what kind of content are you imagining?...

Just general informal news about comdev. Whatever crosses our minds, really.

-Bertrand