community-dev mailing list archives

From Guillermo Castro <javag...@javageek.org>
Subject Introduction to the community
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:33:34 GMT
Hello,

I saw the article posted on Dzone and I thought I should join to see what it
was about. Although the article seems to imply that the Apache community is
mostly geared towards students, I think there are other opportunities here.

A little bit about myself. I have been a Java developer for over 13 years,
and in that time I have used some of the Apache projects. I've been
seriously considering getting my hands dirty on actually improving, fixing,
etc. on some of them (give something back to the community), but some of
them evolve so fast that I don't even know where to begin. When I read about
the community, I thought it might be a good idea to have someone help me
focus on a specific couple of tasks.

Right now I'm working heavily with Camel, Servicemix, etc for a client.

Regards,

Guillermo Castro