community-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi <ravindra.babu.rav...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Need a mentor to guide me contribute to hadoop
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:21:40 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ravi <ravindra.babu.ravula@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: Need a mentor to guide me contribute to hadoop
To: dev@community.apache.org

Name: Ravindrababu Ravula

Project of interest: Hadoop.

Name of mentor: Help me find one.

Planned start date: Any date as early as possible.

Expected mid-term evaluation date: Let my mentor decide that. I am new
so it will be difficult for me to say that.

End date: I can't say that.

Expected benefits to the Apache Community as a result of my work: I
can contribute to the code and documentation of the project.

Approximate number of hours I intend to work on the project each week
and the number of weeks I expect it to take: 30 hours/week  and 24
weeks.

A description of why I want to undertake this project and what I hope
to gain from it and the mentor programme:
Till now I have developed some applications using hadoop and now I
would like to contribute to the hadoop project itself. So that I could
learn more about it.

 A brief CV of my skills:
I have finished my Btech in computer science and engineering  with 75%
aggregate.
I am pursuing my masters in Indian Institute of science, India.
I can program in C, C++, and Java.

I think this will help you find me a mentor and help me contribute to
hadoop.

Thanks,
Ravi.