community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling a list of speakers
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2010 15:03:42 GMT
Please add me. Thx.

On Dec 29, 2009, at 6:45 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> If you don't want to be publicly listed as a potential ASF speaker stop reading now.
>
> Sally recently mentioned that she wanted to compile a list of speakers, I responded that
the Community Development project has been working on some software to present this in a usable
form for the end user.

> This software is now ready to go live (at present it allows one to search for potential
speakers near a certain location and returns a map with details for the nearest 20 speakers).
Nick is currently working with infra folk to get it hosted.

reasonably small number of test cases in the first instance, this will be taken to members@
and then committers@ once we have ironed out the details.

> If you already have an entry on http://people.apache.org (with geolocatoin data) you
only need to tell me that you want to be included on the app. Email addresses are not provided
by the app, people will be encouraged to contact the speakers via PRC.

> If you don't currently have an entry on http://people.apache.org then see the instructions
at http://people.apache.org/foaf/index.html, once completed let me know and I'll include you
on the list of spekers.