community-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentoring Programm
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:37:42 GMT
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM, jakub <jack@ubilix.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read about the Mentoring Programm on apache.org. So i want to join it
> but i don't know wich project to join. I got some basic skills in Java,
> C/C++ and Ruby. Therefore I'm interested in programming in these
> languages.

I'd recommend that you at least browse around the Apache Projects to
at least identify an area that interests you (e.g Lucene if you like
search, Tuscany, ServiceMix, Camel, etc if you like SOA stuff, etc)...
Once you have identified it, we could try to arrange a technical
mentor from that project, or help you discover tasks that could get
you started. The following resources might also be useful [1] [2].

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html
[2] http://tuscany.apache.org/working-in-open-source.html

--
Luciano Resende