community-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Our first mentee?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:05:04 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> If my memory serves me right Kathey was due to start with her first
> mentee at the beginning of January.
>
> Kathey, shouldn't we get a status page up for the programme?
>
> Something that says who they are and what they are working on? I'm
> thinking it would be really useful now that the press are starting to
> take interest in community development.

Yes Jayaram has started working and filed his project as COMDEV-11
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-11

I think a Summary Wiki page is a good thing and will try to put that up
tomorrow. I think mostly very brief information with a link to the Jira
entry would be good. I have been out on a family emergency  since
Jayaram started, so need to check in.

It seems our biggest challenge at this point is matching mentees to
mentors.  We have had quite a bit of interest on the mentee side coming
in and don't have mentors ready for them to help them put a proposal
together.

Kathey