community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https://blogs.apache.org/community ?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:25:36 GMT
On 18/01/2010 22:49, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think we should have a blog there, if people agree I volunteer to
>> make that happen.

I might occasionally post, but I can't be relied on for regular posts.
However, if enough people were to post once in a while I think it is a
good idea.

My only concern is the splitting of information sources for the project.
I would therefore suggest we also:

a) include the blog content (or at least headlines), in
community.apache.org - can be done with a RSS reader widget I think

b) have content posted on the blog emailed to this list (once we have a
zone I have a script that will do this for us)

> Having a blog would be helpful. I was just wondering if the contents
> of the community blog would interest only a subset of the Apache
> community, or would be suitable for the main Apache blog. I guess
> having our own blog would give us more freedom, and we could
> cross-post subjects that are of wider interest...
>
> Thoughts ?

Hmmm.... I guess that depends on what people are planning to post on the
proposed blog. Bertrand, what kind of content are you imagining?

Ross