community-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Repeat: roll women@a.o into dev@community.a.o
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:23:50 GMT
Hi, all, I just joined this list and quickly scanned the archives, so
may have missed a post -- my apologies in advance if I did.

Back in December, Kathey posted [1]:

| I would like to send a mail to women@apache.org suggesting
| conversations that might "normally"  go to that list be rolled into this
| one as a central list to discuss all inclusion and outreach issues.
| women@ had 2 posts in 2009, one of which was announcing a meetup to
| discuss creating this list #:), so I think it makes sense to combine.
|
| Unless I hear any objections, I will send out a mail to women@a.o
| Friday inviting those interested to join dev@community.org and proposing
| women@ be shutdown at the beginning of 2010.

Have there been any more thoughts on this?  --I think this is a terrific
idea. I'm actively moderating that list -- and sometimes actively *not*
accepting new subscriptions from outside the ASF because list activity
fell off. To whit: there was a subscription request last weekend that I
did not moderate through. I think now would be a good time to shut that
list down.

Kathey, I'm betting that I missed a post during the hectic holidays.
What's the current plan?

cheers,

 -jean

[1]