community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Nearby People" (Local Mentors & Local Speakers) web app
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:20:07 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Note the CWiki site is auto published, so as soon as there is a link to
> it from http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEVxSITE/Index it
> will be available on the public site.

I thought it was, so I decided not to link to it just yet :)

> But unless I missed something this is not how it works. We have the two
> mentor doap files in [1] that are used to indicate speakers and mentors.
> We should really move those files to the committers repo.

Ah, yes. I originally did my foaf file like that, then you suggested a
better way, which I coded then forgot...

I wonder if we should move the doap files to the committers repo though.
Could we not simply just grant all committers rw permissions on the
subprojects directory?

I've updated the instructions assuming we do allow writes, we'll need to
tweak the url in there if we move it instead.

Nick