community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need a mentor to guide me contribute to hadoop
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:15:39 GMT
On 02/01/2010 09:56, Isabel Drost wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 13:03:57 Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> I am pursuing my master in computer science. I would like to
>>> contribute to the hadoop.
>
> I suppose you have subscribed to the Hadoop mailing lists already? You should
> also have a look at the "How To Contribute" wiki page of Hadoop:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute
>
> Do you already have any particular topic or JIRA issue in mind you would like
> to work on?

Ravi,

Do you have an answer for Isobels question? I realise you did not
highlight any specific activities in your overview, but now that you
have had time to look around is there anything specific you would like
to work on?

I'm going to take you details to the Hadoop community in a few minutes
to see if there is interest in mentoring you.

Ross