community-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 is On......
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:37:58 GMT
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> On 29/01/2010 08:30, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Ross Gardler<rgardler@apache.org>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> GSoC is go...
>>>
>>> First order of business, can we please have volunteers for admin and
>>> co-admin.
>>>
>>> I am happy to be a co-admin, but I am not sure how much time I will be
>>> putting in, either alot, or very little (I have a new baby due at the
>>> start
>>> of March, so who knows how things will work out).
>>
>> Hey - congrats! Although you are making me chicken out in
>> volunteering, as my daughter is expected in May so it might even
>> worse. Can you delve a bit more in what being an admin entails?
>
> Congrats right back at you.
>
> There are a few main pockets of activity:

[...]

That's way more than I can chew, considering the newborn and a good
chance I might have spotty Internet connection during the summer. I'm
sorry, but I will have to pass - hoping I can be of more help next
year. And of course so chalk me up for any feedback/help I might be
able to provide later on - I just cannot commit at this stage.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846